Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Words to Catch at my Heart

"The soul should always stand ajar, ready to welcome the ecstatic experience."
- Emily Dickinson

"The world is composed of rival gangs of hypnotists, each competing for your entranced attention." --graffiti on the wall of a public restroom at Northgate Mall, San Rafael, California

*****************
That's it. Wish I had more for you, but the daily grind has sucked dry my brain like a grape left on the dashboard of a car in a Southern Summer. *sigh* I finished Eat, Pray, Love and now find myself in that same void that one feels when one returns from a blissful vacation, only to plunk back into the morass that is everyday routine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have I ever mentioned how much I love Emily Dickinson?! Thanks for the lovely post!

:-)

Anonymous said...

I read that book. I know how you feel. Searching for another every week but haven't found something to really sink into yet. I hope this finds you well :-)