Tuesday, February 21, 2006

But I'm here 2 tell U, there's something else.....

I hit a snag in working on my "52 Figments" (the weekly project hosted by the inspirational Swirly Girl )

Week 6 asked "What Does Heaven Mean to You?" and Week 7 followed with "What does Hell Mean to You?" Being that I don't look at the afterlife in the traditional Christian definitions of those locations, this was a challenge to me.

For the first, I think about that damn question that James Lipton asks in his ending survey, "If Heaven is exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?" I've speculated this a dozen times, and I come back to this vision of place that is merely a way-station between go-rounds. A place to pause, reflect, and sign up again. And I've long said in this life time that I need a NAP. A Looooooooong nap, a real chance to reflect (of course, I have the feeling that my 'higher self' leaps out of each life like a pre-teen on a rollercoaster with a "WOW... canwedoitagain? Can we? Huh? Huh? Can we, pleeeeeeeeeese?")

I picture the Empowered Entity who caretakes this place as some sort of patient parental figure who understands the toll the 'emotional g-forces' can take, and thus says "Hold on.... take a minute... Rest." So when I look at that James Lipton question I think about God/dess greeting me at gate with a "Nice Job... now here's your milk and cookies, your bed is over there under that lovely oak tree. Rest."

Yep... a big celestial Nap Time (followed of course by a big celestial Recess, where I punch the other souls in the arm and then run away, cause that's how you flirt... and then we all climb a tree. Hmmmm.... apparently I think there are a lot of trees in heaven. )

And pets! Lots of pets too! !



Hell for some reason, was easier to put together thoughts on, although the "whole picture" is less tangible. It's a random assortment of conditions and concepts, which I have tried my best to capture... here....

And speaking of my own little piece of hell, I need to go look into some car repairs. Good Night to you all.

3 comments:

Patry Francis said...

Experienced a little bit of that self-created hell you describe today. Looking at your artwork, I feel like I've vanquished it.

Amy The Writer said...

I'm not really good at Bible memorization, but I've been preconditioned to expect this sentence at that exact James Lipton Pearly Gate moment (because it's in the Bible somewhere), "Well done, good and faithful servant."

Since it's me we're talking about, I'm sure it'd come out more along the lines of, "Sigh, well, you're here anyways, so come on in. No, no, we've got room."

But I'd much prefer to hear God say the milk and cookies line.

Anonymous said...

Hell. Hmmm...for me Hell is everlasting remorse and regret (I typed 'refret' there...what a slip!).

And oh, a nap sounds DIVINE. It's my new fantasy. It's even replaced chocolate.

And a MILLION thanks for commenting on my little baby blog! You don't know how much I appreciate it.

I liked the collage, too.