Monday, August 22, 2005

Reflection on "Ago"- 10 yrs past

Apparently, the world is passing around a meme that asks "What were you doing 10 years ago? 5 years ago? 3 years ago? 1 year ago? "

I wasn't going to do this one, only as i read other's responses... it made me think "Good lord, what what going on back then?" So I've decided to take this moment to reflect

10 years Ago- 1995

- living back at my parent's house after my return from England. The Bug and i were 6 months into a relationship that was about to horribly horribly wrong.

- after learning about the first round of infidelities, I realizied that my life was centered around Bug, not around theatre. So I auditioned for one of the biggest jobs of my life- year long apprenticeship at Equity theatre in Southern FL. They did two rounds of auditions, one in FL and one in NYC. With that sort of competition, I never really thought I'd get in. So i auditioned with "nothing to lose". I had a phenomenal audition, and I was one of only 2 that were accepted from the FL screening, the other being a friend of mine from College.

-August 95, I moved to Jupiter, FL, to begin full-time indentured servitude. Living slave, along with my other fellow apprenti. It was truly the best of times & the worst of times. First roomie was psycho who needed to know my every move, therefore I moved out of "girl apprentice" apartments and into the one un-filled bed, in the boy's place, where i literally shared a room with one of my all time favorite gay men.

- The remainder of 95 was full of 8 shows a week of "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers", "Guys & Dolls", & "Evita", as well as 2 childrens shows that went on during the days we weren't doing the larger shows. Additional work included tech assignments, chores around the theatre, and of course, endless hours of rehearsals.

- The Bug was furious that I'd choose my career over our disasterous and abusive relationship, so his infidelities increased. I met that eye for an eye by briefly rekindling with "the first Christian" and starting a short but passionate affair with the Texas Tech.

-ok... just sitting here grinning as I remember my time with Texas. Margaritas by the truckload. And we shared even more laughter than we did margaritas. I remember sleeping out on the patio under the stars, driving in his car late at night, listening to NIN just to keep our sanity, bondage moments at the Halloween party, entertaining Randy with a show in the living room, a crab crossing the highway while we worked on being half dressed, laughing at the distraction... and lastly, my favorite memory.... the stupid mudfight on the beach that started it all.

I miss you Texas.

No comments: